In this episode of the Sales and Leadership Show, host Phil Gerbyshak welcomes Michael Bungay Stanier, author of The Coaching Habit. Drawing on years of experience training over 10,000 managers worldwide, Michael shares insights on how sales representatives can benefit from coaching. He discusses the seven essential coaching questions from his book that can help sales reps communicate effectively with customers and understand their needs.
- The Coaching Habit is a book that helps coaches become more effective and efficient in their work.
- The book focuses on seven essential coaching questions that can be used to get better results in sales conversations.
- One example of a coaching question is “What’s the real challenge here for you?” which helps identify the underlying problem a customer is trying to solve.
- Sales reps can use these coaching questions in their daily routines to improve their communication with customers and follow up after sales.
- Coaching is all about listening and asking questions, not telling people what to do.
- Sales reps should be flexible and experiment with different coaching questions and techniques.
By incorporating the coaching habit into their daily routines, sales representatives can develop deeper relationships with their customers and provide the support they need to make informed decisions. Thank you for listening to this episode of the Sales and Leadership Show with Michael Bungay Stanier.
More Resources for The Coaching Habit:
The Coaching Habit book: https://amzn.to/3ZaTTLP
More about Michael Bungay Stanier: https://www.mbs.works/